Thursday, July 8, 2010

The India Gate

17th April 7.30pm

Our vehicle reached the road that leads to 'India Gate'. I had a complete look on the famous 'Raj Path', recalled those Independence / Republic day parades. Now what I see is people thronging through out the lawns near 'Raj Path'

Below is the picture I took while we entered Delhi


But in the darkness the view was completely different and excellent. Parked our vehicle on the roadside, we walked towards the famous monument. I never thought i will be visiting these places. Though it is heavily crowded you can see a numerous attractive happenings around you viz. henna painting, road side pani puri wala, bombay mittai wala, kid toys and etc.,

Below are some snaps from different distance in the night view of the great monument for your eyes.



Enjoying all those and had a pleasant walk towards the main attraction. You can see the huge monument with a Black marble Cenotaph with a rifle placed on its barrel, crested by a Soldier's helmet. Each face of the monument has inscribed the words "Amar Jawan" (Immortal Warrior) in Gold. (Below is the snap of the 'Amar Jawan')


I heard that those walls have about 90,000 soldiers names engraved on it. So was trying to locate some of them and was lucky enough to find some and capture them on my camera in that darkness. Here are they...



While look on the top of the huge tomb, I noticed "INDIA" written in a huge letters below that there were some words scribbled, how much I try I couldn't able to read them. I thought If I capture that in my camera using my zoom... may be i will use some photo tools to read that. (Still trying ha ha ha...)


Walked around that place we picked up some toy for the kid and as expected the ladies were rushing to get their hands henna painted. And not to mention, we didn't forget to enjoy the tasty 'Panipuri', the best of it's taste.

Thank you,
Ragavan

No comments:

Post a Comment